Sometimes it isn't until the big sigh of relief that I realize I have been holding my breath.
We live in this place of expecting the best, but preparing for the worst. This time the "worst" was an impending brain surgery. At our last neuro appointment we were given the impression that we had met up with decision time on whether or not Gabe needed a shunt. Based on his steady ventricle growth we were "teetering on the fence." Since Thanksgiving it has been on our minds that it might have to happen between our appointment on the 16th and the Dr.'s holiday vacation schedule.
Kevin traveled to the appointments with me yesterday where we got the sweet, sweet news that Gabe was safe to grow - shunt free - for another month!